Wednesday, April 22, 2015

April 16 at 9:22pm · Khajuraho, India ·
I survived the Brush with Death today. I spent the day in an 3 hour Indian train ride, then a 7 hour bus ride with a driver hell bent to plow through India at 80 mph with a death wish to finally arrive in Khajuraho a total wreck. It took 3 drinks before I could even quit saying "Holy shit look out for the f'ing cow in the middle of the road!" Never so thankful to be at my hotel for the night......That's 7 miserable, near death hours. Today we took a 40 minute plane ride and were told the same trip would be 12 hours by bus! These roads are horrific, some are single lane with traffic going both directions so we're part on the pavement, part on the ditch, I kid you not. I wish I could describe it but the words escape me. India is an eye popping experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment