Wednesday, March 18, 2015

It's time to put things into perspective. I went over to the Indian visa office this morning to inquire (AKA: throw a hissy fit) as to the status of my application and I was told it is "still being processed." It's day 6 of the "it might take 10 business days to process." The nice gentleman told me I would probably have it by Monday or Tuesday. My flight to Johannesburg, South Africa leaves Cairns on Thursday, I need to be in Cairns by Wednesday evening with passport IN HAND. Talk about a squeaker!!!!! This means I will miss the Great Barrier Reef, one of my most important reasons for wanting to visit Australia. I'm not upset about being in Sydney, I'm enjoying the city very much, but I am upset about missing the GBR. Well, last night I met a girl here at the hostel from Switzerland and we spent a couple of hours talking about our respective trips and home countries. She shared some of the most drop dead gorgeous pictures of Switzerland I've ever seen, views out the "back of my house" and extended an invitation to come visit her. She told me her "holiday" was coming to Australia for about a week (her third visit) and that the main focus of her trip was a 2 week cruise through the South Pacific out of Fiji. With the recent cyclone, she was nervous about going to Fiji but she was assured the cruise "was on" and to fly to Fiji. Once there, the cyclone hit the area and after 5 days of being stranded there and of course no cruise, she was finally able to secure a flight back to Australia. To add insult to injury, she is fighting to get her cruise money back from a very resistant company. After talking with her, I'm glad I'm me and my biggest issue is missing the GBR. Sounds like the focus of another future trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment