Saturday, March 28, 2015

March 27, 2015

Made it to Cape Town, South Africa after 30 hours of flying/waiting/flying/waiting/flying. Apparently, there is no easy way to get from Australia to Africa, lol. I crashed and burned about 5 pm last night and now wide awake at 4 am. Going out this morning for a full day of exploring, very excited to see this part of the world. Not too excited about being awake at this hour but I guess it will take a couple days to 'right myself.' All good! Going to be here 2 weeks.

This won't be my last trip at all! When we landed, I was shocked at the pollution in the air, holy cow, you couldn't even see the mountains by the airport. I thought maybe it was rain or bad weather and I asked a worker there and he said it was not bad weather, but "bad air". I'd heard that China is having horrific air pollution issues right now, apparently so it HK. It was quite a (bad) shock to see.

I'm going on a full day private vineyard tour Monday, should be awesome!

March 26, 2015

After two months of hostel living, I'm enjoying the pampering at the United Lounge during my 6 hr lay-over in Hong Kong, food, wine, internet....nice. Then the overnight flight to Johannesburg. It's a long travel day but well worth the adventure!
— at United First Class Lounge at Hong Kong International Airport.
All three flights were fully booked, ugh!! Not much sleep and yes, my legs got really crampy. I walked the Hong Kong airport to stretch them out, walked the aisles of the plane a few times and did stretching exercises in the back of the plane where there was a little more room. It was a long 28 hours but I made it to Cape Town about an hour ago, glad to be out of planes for a few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment