Friday, March 6, 2015

March 6, 2015

Fantastic day today!! Again, due to the International Police Association, Detective Jim Kincade of the Victoria Police Department (Melbourne and surrounding area) picked me up at my hostel and I spent the day with him and other detectives in his unit. Awesome bunch of ladies and gents, made me feel so welcomed! I was treated to a great lunch with most in the Unit (about 20 peeps), and tours of their Communications Division and Darebin station where Jim works, about 15 miles north of Melbourne. Jim and his girlfriend Rachel, (also a detective) are coming to America in June to participate in the World Police Games in Fairfax County, competing in the bicycling events. I'm sick that I will not be able to reciprocate his hospitality and host him and Rachel in June, it would have been great to see them again. My LEO friends, the IPA is a great organization, consider looking into it, great window into the rest of the world!

March 5, 2015

Score!! Just picked up my permission to enter/travel (visa) China from the Chinese consulate, whew!! I couldn't get this before I left because I had no exit ticket out of China. I didn't know where I wanted to go from there so I had to apply for the visa once I got somewhere I could surrender my passport for processing. Waiting on my Indian passport, any day now.

No comments:

Post a Comment