Thursday, February 5, 2015

Hawaii seems to be quite the vacation spot for Aussies.  I have met so many in the short time I've been here and needless to say, I've been picking their brains.  To say they are helpful and friendly is an understatement, they are fantastic and I've so enjoyed their friendship.  I met a couple from Sydney in Waikiki, their daughter is getting married on the beach.  We talked so much about things to do and see in the Sydney area and they gave me their phone numbers with a promise from me to "ring us up" upon my arrival in Sydney.   Very cool.

The cruise is also full of Aussies, I've been spending time with folks from Adelaide, Melbourne and Caines.  I've gained so much great information about getting around, good places to stay, places to stay away from and great things to do plus some phone numbers to call when I get to their cities.  People are so awesome!

For my friends in law enforcement, if you've never heard of an organization called the International Police Association, look it up and join it!!  It is worldwide and it's all cops.  I reached out to the chapter in Auckland, letting them know about my arrival and asking for any guidance, advice and help they could give me and their response has been wonderful.  Members are picking me up at the airport and I'm staying a few nights in the Auckland area with two of them.  One has connections to a B&B down island and has arranged for me to stay there a couple of nights.  Such a great feeling to have someone helping me upon arrival, people of my own profession that I know I can trust.  Just wonderful.  I will be reaching out to chapters in each area I travel to meet and get to know LEOs from all around the world.  So excited!

I know my trip is very young but everything so far has been fantastic.  I'm learning I planned some things well and there are a few things I didn't plan well so making adjustments as needed.  In the end, everything is falling in place and running smoothly.  So far, so good!  Hope everything is good in your little worlds!

2 comments:

  1. SOOOOOOOO glad that someone got you writing about your adventure!!! Looks like you are having a great time so far and that this will be the trip of a lifetime. I know there are a few GNO girls without FB who will be thrilled they get to read about your adventures. Can't wait to read all the funny stories and about the encounters with exotic men along the way :) !! Love you girl!! Live the dream!!

    ReplyDelete