Tuesday, February 24, 2015

I have spent the last 3 days slicing through the center of the South Island and have seen the most incredible scenery. I've crossed the NZ mountains on some of the most daunting and challenging roads I've ever driven. If you've ever done The Tail of the Dragon in Tennessee, these roads are the next level up! These roads follow the jagged edges of each mountain, climbing, twisting, curving, one hair pin curve after another only to come down the other side and repeat it all over again. Littered along the ride are spectacular glacier lakes that take your breath away. My ears have popped over and over. Hitting valleys in between I've had brilliant sunshine on my right, grey ominous clouds hugging the mountains on my left. Here is a sampling of some on the scenery, hard to describe.

 View looking out of the right side of car

 View looking to the left of the car - same point.


 Glacier Lake





No comments:

Post a Comment