Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Hostel living: it's been awesome. Some are better than others (Wellington was nasty, ugh, but the only choice in town due to the stinking World Cup Cricket games, grateful for what I could get!). Last night was a first, had a bed in a co-ed dorm, my roommates were a girl from Melbourne and two guys from Switzerland, very cool. I've met so many people from all over the world and I love that. They are travelers like me and are a wealth of information, guidance, and tidbits of advice. I am spending more $$ on food than housing. Hostels run about $20/night on average, meals run $10-15 each. Coffee is $3/cup, water $3/bottle. So, hit the grocery store yesterday, got muesli, bread, lunch meat,fruit, waters, few snacks and making my own meals at fraction of the cost. My temporary "new way of life" is so interesting and inspiring, learning so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment