Friday, February 6, 2015






WOW!  Just experienced my first Hawaiian Luau and it was incredible!  A dinner of traditional Hawaiian food, to include poi which I sampled enough of to agree that it's a pretty tasteless mush.  Then, an after dinner show which told of the Hawaiian history and culture through music and dance.  The evening was great, with all five senses being stimulated!  Here are are few pictures but it was much better in person!!

The cruise is winding down and I've notice several things about this cruise that are very different from the cruises I've taken in the Caribbean.  There are very few young people on this cruise, mostly older and retired folks.  The music playing in most of the eatery places is from the 60's and 70's.  This cruise seems to cater to an older crowd and the complexion of the cruisers is decidely white, Polynesian and Asian; very few African Americans.  It's an interesting difference.  Previous cruising in the Caribbean had a much younger crowd and many more African Americans and very few Asians.    It would be interesting to explore this a little more, why the difference in the demographics of the Atlantic versus Pacific cruises.  Also, it seems people are much friendlier.  This is the first time I've ever cruised solo so I don't know if that makes a difference but I have made so many friends on this cruise, both solo cruisers AND couples.  I wonder if being solo one is compelled to talk with others more than if one was "with" someone on the cruise.  Just interesting observations while out to sea!

2 comments:

  1. Difference in inhabitants of the Pacific and Atlantic regions probably account for the different demographics on the ship. Cheaper to stay in the closest areas to cruise.

    So glad you are having such a wonderful time and sharing it with us all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful pictures. I love hearing about your different cruising experience. It is definately on my bucket list to find the courage to take a cruise alone some day. Cruise on my dare devil friend!

    ReplyDelete