Thursday, May 7, 2015

May 4, 2015
I'm coming into my last few days in Thailand. I'm leaving Phuket ( pronounced poo-ket, the 'h' is actually silent and heading back to Bangkok to catch my flight to Beijing.  I have been outside for a few hours and now back in my room, trying desperately to recover from this heat.  I fear Thailand is wearing on me and my ability to cope with her climate.  I have mixed feelings about this part of my journey and I'm not sure why.  Thailand is interesting, colorful and her people are kind and accommodating.   Everything I've seen and done has been fascinating and I've learned a lot about the Thailand culture.  But, I am just about 'templed out' and the heat is taking its toll on me.  Everywhere I go it is hot and humid.  The sweat just pours off me, making me so uncomfortable.  The last few times we stopped to view things, I stayed  on the bus in the air conditioning.  I think the bottom line is when you are miserable, nothing is fun and that's just about where I am.  I'm done with Thailand, there is nothing else here I want to see.  I just want to get out of this horrible, hot, humid heat and on to China.  So over Thailand!

No comments:

Post a Comment