Monday, May 18, 2015

Virginia is BACK IN THE HOUSE!!!! Escaped the Communist Red Curtain at 0530 yesterday to catch a 0800 flight out of Shanghai to Beijing, another flight to Manila and then the final leg from Manila to Denpasar, (Bali) Indonesia, arriving at midnight to the nicest, friendliest people at Bali Customs ever, even at midnight! Almost like being in Jamaica, "no problem, mon!" It was brutal being locked out of FB and most internet use, it's going to take me days to catch up with everyone's comings and goings! HUGE thank you goes out to my very dear friend Gwen Neary for keeping me connected with all of my friends via FB and the blog. I know I must have been a total pain in her ass, lol! Love you, Gwenny!!!! China was amazing, the people so cool, but boy, they do not like the people connecting with the outside world!! I'll write more on the blog about my experiences there. My travels through Africa, India, Nepal, Thailand and China were full, fast-paced, long days jam packed with amazing experiences, sights and new friendships with fellow travelers that I will remember for the rest of my life. I am so looking forward to my R&R week in Bali, laid back and soaking up the sun and wonderful Bali. Pics from my hotel this morning, ready to get out and start exploring a little......well, maybe after some pool time and pool-side bar time, haha!

Breakfast area

Really cool lamps



Ceiling in the lobby

No comments:

Post a Comment