Sunday, May 10, 2015

"We flew to Xian, China today, home of the Terra Cotta Warrior Soldiers.  It was a rainy, stormy day and I am now intimately familiar with those last, final thoughts of remorse, regret, panic, lost loves, found loves and religion that people have when they go down in airplanes.  We hit so much turbulence and the Air Pockets from Hell where I physically left my seat and everyone's breakfast ended up on the peeps seated in front of them.  I fully expected to see rescue equipment lining the runway when we landed, totally convinced we'd left a good chunk of the aircraft in the air.  We could see the worry lines on the faces of the flight attendants, adding fuel to the overall feeling of "we're gonna die."   What a life altering experience, seriously!  I hope these fricking Terra Cotta Warriors are worth seeing considering the years I shaved off my life just to get here.  Geez........

1 comment: